This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Amgen seeks Public and Governmental Affairs Director
Public and Governmental Affairs Director
Reference : R-34003
- Lead Government Affairs strategy on the French Management Team, and develop Amgen’s long-term government affairs vision.
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders such as Patient Association Groups, Professional Medical Unions and elected officials.
- Support development and implementation of country Government Affairs Plans to optimize and defend market access for launch products, shape policy environment, and position Amgen as the government’s biotech partner of choice.
- Collaborate with the Market Access Director to support the access and reimbursement plans for Amgen’s products, and ensure advocacy strategies are included in Access/Brand Plans.
- Partner with the Europe Policy team to leverage Amgen ex-US policy priorities and positions, and develop policy training, toolkits, and messaging for staff in markets.
- Develop coordinated strategy with Medical, Regulatory, Corporate Affairs teams on policy and advocacy efforts to shape biologics and biosimilar regulatory issues, build Amgen’s reputation, and raise awareness about Amgen’s biotech innovation.
- Drives Value Based Health Care initiatives (patient journey) at national and regional level, in collaboration with Key Account Management team.
- Manages the partnership contracting team.
- Actively participate in LEEM and AGIPHARM forums to shape industry strategy.
Basic qualifications :
- Scientific background & 7 years of government affairs/public affairs related experience
Preferred qualifications and competencies :
- More than 7 years of experience in biopharmaceutical sector and government relations, preferably in France. Competence or familiarity with policy issues relating to HTA/reimbursement and Biosimilars is a significant advantage.
- Working knowledge (regulatory, reimbursement, healthcare systems) of major healthcare markets in France.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to develop a comprehensive government affairs vision and strategic plan for an organization or company and then execute to deliver results, driving positive change for entity.
- Visionary leader capable of helping develop and implement sophisticated access and regulatory strategies policy strategies for the dynamic biopharmaceutical industry during time of great evolution and change.
- Skilled at working with business leaders to determine how the public affairs function can promote business objectives.
- Creative and independent thinker who can develop and persuasively articulate public policy ideas and solutions that may be different from the prevailing or conventional view.
- Outstanding ability to build relationships and use influence effectively in a variety of settings, both within the company and with external constituencies, including public officials, trade and patient associations and other relevant parties.
- Works effectively with patient groups to build trust and support by identifying mutual interests and agendas.
- Understands how to engage and mobilize patient advocacy groups to take appropriate action in support of specific issues, such as access, and to support Amgen and the biopharmaceutical industry overall.
- Possess the strong interpersonal acumen that is necessary to deal with a broad range of individuals, backgrounds, and perspectives in a collaborative, strategic, and consensus-driven manner.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to convey in a clear and compelling manner important messages to different parties with different interests.
- Skilled at advocacy, influence and persuasion: able to convince others to act on information or recommendations based on compelling logic or common best interests
- Possesses unquestionable integrity and a sense of confidence, balanced with humility and sense of humor.
229 total views, 1 today Print Job