GMF seeks Office Manager
GMF-Paris acts as a unique platform in France for high-level policy debate focusing on the transatlantic relationship. GMF-Paris works in close cooperation with GMF’s network of offices and experts on both sides of the Atlantic (Washington, D.C. (headquarters), Paris, Brussels, Berlin, Warsaw, Belgrade, Bucharest, and Ankara. This gives GMF-Paris an unmatched capacity to produce informed and holistic (national, European, transatlantic and global) analysis of the political, socio-economic and strategic dynamics in the following six areas: defense and foreign policy, U.S. and French politics, transatlantic trade policy, European affairs, digital innovation and energy transition.
The German Marshall Fund seeks an
The Office manager manages and oversees all administrative matters related to GMF’s Paris office. The Office Manager reports to the Paris Office Director and provides support in a variety of office administration functions, to include facilities and IT management, finance and budget projections, human resources, communication and event logistics, in close coordination with the respective departments in headquarters, based in Washington, DC.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage the daily administrative tasks relating to the Paris office
- Coordinate with the HQ HR, IT and Finance teams on various operational issues, as needed
- Participate in GMF’s office managers’ monthly calls, and annual retreat
- Serve as the primary POC in managing the relationships with office equipment vendors and service providers to ensure prompt and efficient service
- Code and process accurately all office vendor invoices and payments in a timely manner
- Provide general financial oversight
- Prepare monthly financial reports for Paris office accounts
- Prepare budget forecast updates and supporting analysis
- Prepare budgets for events to facilitate planning and cost efficiency
- Prepare audit for external funders if needed
- Manage with the support of interns the Director’s calendar to include scheduling travel and meetings as needed
- Provide administrative support to include expense coding.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Fluency in both French and English required; Excellent writing skills in both French and English;
- License’s degree in Management/Communications, is preferred;
- At least three years of office administration experience to include bookkeeping, payroll, financial reporting, accounting, human resources, communication and facilities management.
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to multitask with a high level of initiative and motivation.
- High-level of initiative and motivation in addition to the ability to deal with confidential information.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office, particularly in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated social skills – courteous with guests, enthusiastic.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only contact candidates of interest.
Please note that Non-EU-citizens need to be in possession of an unrestricted French work permit.
GMF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.