OECD seeks Head of Division – Cities, Urban Policies and Sustainable Development
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is an international organisation committed to stimulating economic progress and world trade. We are seeking a
Head of Division- Cities, Urban Policies and Sustainable Development
The Centre for Entrepreneurship, SMEs, Regions and Cities (CFE) have earned a leading role in supporting entrepreneurship, SME- and tourism policy, local and regional development.
The Cities, Urban Policies and Sustainable Development Division (CITY) advises governments on policies to enhance economic competitiveness of cities, improve well-being of residents, address urban inequality, and tackle environmental challenges.
Who we are looking for:
A dynamic and visionary senior manager with strong leadership skills and sound policy knowledge. You will have a long-established experience in a multidisciplinary and international work environment, and exhibit innovative strategic thinking and political acumen.
- Min. 10 years of senior level experience promoting policies for well-being of cities, integrated urban policy and sustainable development in an international context
- Proven experience in providing strategic leadership at a senior management level
- Solid fundraising experience and stakeholder engagement skills
- Advanced degree in economics, environment, public administration, political science or another relevant discipline
Skills and Qualifications :
- Demonstrated team leadership and management capacity
- Excellent political sense and strong established networks with city leaders and other senior public officials, international organisations etc.
- Ability to lead discussions and develop consensus
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, plan and execute complex and dynamic work programmes in co-operation with others, and deliver results on target and within budget
- Fluency in English and/or French
- Ensure the strategic planning, development and oversight of CITY’s work programme
- Help ensure the global impact of the OECD cities and urban policies work
- Develop and implement the strategic direction of the Division, linking it to OECD priorities as well as member and partner country needs
- Contribute to flagship initiatives and horizontal projects
- Provide advice to the Secretary-General, the Director and other senior officials; support the Sherpa on contributions, including to the G20 and G7
- Manage the Secretariat for the Working Party on Urban Policies and contribute to the Regional Development Policy Committee. Facilitate dialogue, liaise and build consensus
- Contribute to the management of the Directorate; manage human and financial resources
- Actively fundraise to support CITY’s activities
- Deepen and expand CITY’s connections at the national and local levels; develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Lead the development of policy and a communications strategy on cities and urban policy
- Represent the OECD at international meetings and conferences and expand its visibility.
Contract: 2-year fixed term, renewable
Full details of the position are available at www.oecd.org/careers/vacancies (ref. 12370)
Applications from OECD member country* nationals should be submitted online by 17 October 2018
You will need to enter your CV, complete a cover letter, indicate 3 references and answer a few short questions.
*OECD member countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom and United States.
Don’t forget to mention politjobs.fr in your application.