Uber seeks Public Policy Senior Associate
Public Policy Senior Associate – France
We are looking for someone to work on our Government Affairs & Policy team in France, based in Paris. You will report directly to our Public Policy Lead for France.
This role will involve
- Working on Uber’s Government Affairs & Policy team in France;
- Establishing Uber’s brand and profile with policy makers—including governments, third parties and academics; and
- Working to ensure that the regulatory framework in every country supports ridesharing apps like Uber.
What We’re Looking For To Succeed You’ll Need To Be
- A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. Stuff changes fast in our world so you’ll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure.
- A great advocate: We’re looking to create new regulatory frameworks that encourage innovation and alternatives to individual car ownership. You’ll need the intellectual fire power to grasp complex policy issues as well as the ability to articulate clearly and simply how apps like Uber can help improve transportation for everyone—both orally and in writing.
- A strong campaigner: Smartphone apps are disruptive, and the interests being disrupted are deeply entrenched. So you’ll need to put together proactive campaigns involving passengers, drivers and third parties that demonstrate there’s a better alternative to today’s outdated status quo. That means having a bias for action in everything you do—and a willingness to engage in debates, that can often become heated.
- A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It’s why we’re looking for well organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done—and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
Ideally you would have at least 5 years in government affairs, but we’re open to people in other walks of life (e.g. the law, media, consultancy) that intuitively get this stuff and may be looking for a career change. Fluency in English, both oral and written, is needed.
Please submit your application in English.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.